Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back to School

Our B started second grade at her new school on Monday. What a big day!

When I picked her up, she said it was a great day. She definitely liked her teacher, school, and made a few new friends. I could tell she was really tired, but how fun it was to pick her up right after school and get the full recap.

The Buddy and I stayed home on Monday and made up for the weeks I'd spent packing and now unpacking. We did crafts, play dough, painting, outdoor play, a shopping trip and even went to get ice cream after picking up B. It was a full day and he passed out at 7:30. The true sign of a day well spent!

I may have given him the wrong impression...I hope he doesn't think we're doing this much every day!!





Buddy added the shades to my sun, a definite improvement!

We got these awesome play dough stampers at Target, I had fun playing with them!


I can say with certainty that our year is off to a great start. With all of the changes we've gone through lately, I think we're in pretty good shape.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 comments:

Jenifer said...

What a fun first day for all! My girls love those Bendaroos and those play doh stampers are awesome.

Rosebud starts Grade 2 soon and I can't believe she is so big. Looks like B is off to a wonderful start in her school.

I know what you mean about getting the recap right away...when I was working it really wasn't the same for me to hear about it all hours later. We are blessed to be able to pick up up munchkins and get the lowdown before they forgot or are too tired.

Aliki2006 said...

It sounds like you're off to a fantastic start! I can "feel" the excitement in your writing...

Mimi in the Midwest said...

Is this KM formerly known as OM or are you just going to be identified with a sign (Prince)? What a rewarding day. I'm so happy that B was so happy after her first day. I agree tired kids is a sign of a day well spent.

Midwest Beach Girl said...

Too much fun! I love back to school pictures. In the digital age, I always wonder if people feel the need to take routine pictures like this. Glad somethings never change! And Go Wildcats!