Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Up to our ears in papers...



We sold our house in Omaha! Very exciting...but also causing inevitable piles of paper and more paper. We are working on getting things settled in Omaha and in our new town. It's SO *FUN.

As luck would have it, we're doing all of the home buying/selling paperwork during tax season, so are also trying to keep those papers together to so that we can get that out of the way.

It all feels like a game of Monopoly, or maybe the game of Life. Is this really something we know how to do?! Not really. We are the ones who are supposed to be the grown ups in this situation? Really. Huh.

Will there ever be an age where I feel competent to do such big things?

While I ponder this, I think I'll procrastinate the taxes a bit longer and play another game of Angry Birds. Now there's something that will put off me feeling like a grown up for just a little bit longer. I'll face adulthood later on today.

[* - FUN if you consider paperwork and problem solving and phone calls and decision making "fun", I personally do not.]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 comments:

Jenifer said...

I am so with you on this one...paperwork, taxes, and solving complex problems, don't fall into the category of fun!

We are having our first snow day, kids are home and the schools are closed. We are working on our Valentine's at the moment and I can hear the little one on the monitor so she is up from her nap.

Time to shovel!

Aliki2006 said...

Ooooooh--love Angry Birds!

The paperwork part of selling a house is the worst--always good to put it off!

Captain said...

Huzzah!

How exciting and relieving to have sold the house!

I should send Jeff your way . . .We've gotten pretty good at home related paperwork with all the refinancing we've done to lower our rates. (yay for a down economy I guess)

Wrath Of Mom said...

CONGRATS! The best part of selling a house is buying a new one!

Michelle said...

I've been meaning to congratulate you on selling your house! whoo hooo! I'm sure that must have been a weight lifted to get that sold. We bought our first house this summer, I can't imagine trying to sell one at the same time! Oh the paperwork! We had to do a POA so Joe could sign for me at closing ... his hand was quite cramped after signing both our names on everything :)