Wednesday, September 10, 2014

9/10

We all can remember where we were and what we did on 9/11/01.

I remember sitting in shock with my new husband, we'd only been married a couple of months. We finally shut off the t.v. and played Scrabble because we were 23 years old and 1700 miles away from the terror and had no idea what to do with ourselves and all of that terrible news.

What I wish I could remember was Sept. 10th, 2001. What it felt like not to have that in my heart. The war. The fear. The sadness. I wish I could remember what it was like for my husband and me, newlyweds in a tiny apartment without much to worry about but making rent and who was doing the next load of laundry.

I realize that everyone's lives were changed that day and that the effect 9/11 had on my life was minimal compared to so many others. That being said, I really wish that I could remember 9/10/01. I'll bet it was a pretty good day.

source

No comments: