This inspired me to do the same. To think of a word that sums up what I have in mind for 2009. It's a challenge, a one word resolution.
My word for 2009?
1. the capacity for vigorous activity; available power.
2. an adequate or abundant amount of such power.
3. Often, energies. a feeling of tension caused or seeming to be caused by an excess of such power.
4. an exertion of such power.
5. the habit of vigorous activity; vigor as a characteristic.
6. the ability to act, lead others, effect, etc., forcefully.
7. forcefulness of expression: a writing style abounding with energy.
8. Physics. the capacity to do work; the property of a system that diminishes when the system does work on any other system, by an amount equal to the work so done; potential energy.
- to keep a peaceful, tidy home
- to pay bills on time and meet our financial goals
- to keep up with a two and five-year old
- to exercise 5 times a week
- to menu plan and make healthy meals
- to teach 20 teenagers with special needs to become responsible, employable young adults
- to walk my dog
- to catch up with old friends
- to travel to Orlando with my Hubs and a high school band
- to spend a memorable summer with my kids doing more than eating popsicles and blogging
- to fit into my skinny(er) jeans
- to attend church every Sunday and Bible study on Mondays
- to finish the book(s) that I am reading
While I'm never short on ideas, I always fall short on energy. In 2009, I plan to make my own through diet, exercise, vitamin supplements, and prayer.
This year will be different because I am choosing it to be.
Tip Junkie's got the list for other bloggers' word of the year.