Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Hubs' dad is one of eleven siblings. That's right, ELEVEN! They are still around and meet every five years for what they call a luau. It's on the land, at the house where they grew up. Hubs' uncle owns the place and they really do it right. There's a tent city, bounce house, tons of food, cousins, and cousins, and cousins. It's so cool.

We attended the luau this year and it was actually my third. I went to my first one when J and I had been dating for just five months. I camped out. I met family. I played 3-on-3 basketball with J and won the tournament with him (which is, I believe, when they all decided I could join the family). The memories are so rich, the family very strong.

I'm a lucky woman, to be part of two families, four really, that are all so wonderful, unique, and loving. What are the odds?!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jenifer said...

I love this photo...you guys look so happy! The luau sounds amazing, they really know how to do a party. You are lucky to be a part of such wonderful families, these are the memories your kids will carry with them forever.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...

ELEVEN? Wow, I can barely handle three!

Love the photo - you guys all look happy and fabulous!

Mimi in the Midwest said...

I wish I was a D____l!

Mimi said...

Just reading backwards and holy smokes! I've missed a lot of news! Moving! New jobs for everyone! Wow. I can't wait to hear what comes next ...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.