I didn't really go through this with B, not to this degree.
In the past month, I've swept up:
- a cannister of flour from the kitchen floor
- a cannister of sugar from the kitchen floor
- countless cups of milk from the table and/or floor
- the container of salt
- the contents of my pampered chef dill seasoning
- the contents of my ground red pepper
- more milk
- jugs of juice, cups of juice, pitchers of juice
- pool water, carried in from outside
- baskets of toys, over and over and over
- every box of baby wipes, over and over and over
The kid does not go unattended, but I don't hover either. Left to his own devices for more than 1 minute, he will pour something out onto the floor. I realize he's curious, I know I need to give him opportunities (which he gets in the tub, at the pool, playing with toys, etc...) to pour because he obviously loves it.
The messes. The constant messes. Are enough to make this mama a bit grumpy. Just a bit.