Sunday, March 1, 2009

Another Quiet March

In church this morning we were challenged to fast from something during Lent, while also committing to doing something new or extra. I'm going to limit, or restrict, my blogging during Lent. Meaning the reading of and commenting on, and also the posting. This is a challenge for me because it's something I spend quite a bit of time on and is one of my favorite things to do!

The idea, for me, is one that I commit to a few times a year. To unplug and try to check in with my physical life. The house that's cluttered around me and desperately needs cleaned. The grandparents who are due a letter and pictures. The friends I should call. The kids I should look at, I mean really look at, and listen to. Blogging is a bit of an escape, so I guess when I try to cut back it's for the purpose of digging in. It's necessary and good.

So I'm going to devote a little time each day to prayer and reading, which is my commitment for Lent. And fast from blogging.

I do have one fun thing to do this month though, that will be my one and only blog activity for March.

A give-away! Please come back tomorrow and see what it is. Once again, it will be limited to people who can be in the metro area to participate. Hint, hint. So I'll be posting details tomorrow - it's a very exciting prize!

Other than that, I plan to be quiet this March. To reflect. To connect. A change of pace is always a good time for me to look around and get things done. In fact, I did the same thing last March. So it must be an annual thing with me.

Since I am going to go offline, will you please email me if there's something I should see or know? (Cousins, this especially means you!) I hate the thought that I'm missing some big announcement, which usually leads to me lurking and completely defeating the challenge of not blogging!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The great Lenten exodus continues. Hope you recharge those batteries.

Anonymous said...

I am devastated. With both you and Nikki off the blogging circuit, I'm limited to three blogs that I check. I guess I'll have to focus extra hard on OrgJunkie's round up for this month.

Aliki2006 said...

I'll miss you...

Beck said...

Aw, a blogging fast? I've given up junk food. My arteries are thanking me.
I'll miss you. xo

Mimi said...

See you in April! Enjoy your projects ...