Thursday, August 18, 2011

Here We Go Again

So summer's over. Everything has changed.

We took a trip to Kansas City over B's birthday and I came back to a job interview and a new job. I'm going to be working afternoons as a special education teacher at our local parochial school and started last Friday. My head is so heavy with new information, it makes for very little room for anything else.

My own kids start school on Monday. My little Buddy is going to kindergarten and B will start third grade. Two school age kids in the house and we are all so excited! I tell everyone that the Hubs and I both love school so much we decided never to leave (we both work in high schools) so the whole kindergarten thing is NOT sad, but a cause for celebration! That doesn't stop me from getting a little nostalgic and perhaps a wee bit melancholy about the speedy passage of time and the lack of babies in my home and the massive changes that these kids have undergone in such a short period of time.

That being said, we are all very excited for the year to begin. I can't believe that my year off is over and here we are again. Working part-time is going to be a really great fit for the family, I'm grateful that it all worked out that way. Now if my brain can just catch up and comprehend everything it's been learning over the past week. I'll be good to go.

3 comments:

Jenifer said...

That does sound like a perfect fit, a less crazy schedule too. Glad you had a wonderful summer!

perrie said...

Things do have a way of changing quickly, don't they?! Good luck with your new job and the new schedules!

Wrath Of Mom said...

Congrats on the new job! And all the changes afoot in your house.

Really the only thing I miss about working is buying cute clothes to wear. Out. In. Public. And b/c we homeschool I don't even get the chance to live vicariously by buying the boys clothes.