Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy soup





The chili that I made this weekend was a little odd, made from random ingredients I already had. V8 instead of tomato juice, navy beans instead of chili beans, corn (?) for no reason other than I thought it sounded good.

What made the chili special were the tomatoes. The last from my garden. Beautiful red tomatoes, my last harvest. Diced and sauteed with onions and garlic.

There are some delicious left overs are in the fridge and waiting for my lunch today. Now that is a reason to be happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 comments:

perrie said...

Those tomatoes look divine!

Mimi in the Midwest said...

I am drooling all over my keyboard.

Jenifer said...

From your garden? Good job! I put corn in my turkey chili all the time so you are in good company.