Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Science in Action

Yes, my kids take tests at school. They are measured against normed group samples and then tested again to show progress. Yup, that happens.

What we all need to remember is that there are also some really great things going on in schools and that teachers work really hard to make that happen.

The assignment was for science. Bring three ideas of what you would like to bring for a plant buffet. My Bee looked at the fruit and vegetable sections of my two best cookbooks and wrote down 1. Cinnamon Apples 2. Cheesy Broccoli 3. Potato Salad. Hey mom! Did you know that broccoli is a FLOWER?!?!!

The third graders are studying plants in science and today they are having a grand feast of roots, stems, leaves, and flowers.




And we are bringing the flowers.
I say THANK YOU to every grade school teacher, you make such a difference in this world in ways that are amazing and special. There are special halos reserved just for you, I'm sure of it!

3 comments:

Jenifer said...

What a great idea! I love it when you have a teacher who goes beyond the curriculum and really helps the kids make those connections.

Cheesy broccoli, yum!

Wrath Of Mom said...

That's so cool. And now I'm going to steal this idea.

Aliki2006 said...

Sorry--"Perrie" is me, Alissa!