Sunday, August 3, 2014

8/3

 

August causes periods of extreme reminiscence for me, which is at times coupled with nostalgia.

How is it that these two are now in 6th and 3rd grades? He's going to learn multiplication and CURSIVE (gulp). She's got a ten period day and will be studying world cultures.

There is no sadness to this feeling of time passing. Only excitement, joy and gratitude. That being said, how lucky am I that I got to spend a blink with those two little cuties? They are now big kids, which is also fun.

I plan to give this day my full attention, working hard to stay in the moment. Even if my heart sneaks back to think about past days too. I can't help myself.

  • ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rem·i·nis·cence
reməˈnisəns/
noun
  1. a story told about a past event remembered by the narrator.
    "his reminiscences of his early days in Washington"
    synonyms:memories, recollections, reflections, remembrances More
    • the enjoyable recollection of past events.
      "his story made me smile in reminiscence"
    • a collection in literary form of incidents and experiences that someone remembers.
    • ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. nos·tal·gia
    näˈstaljə,nə-/
    noun
    1. a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.
      "I was overcome with acute nostalgia for my days in college"
      synonyms:reminiscenceremembrancerecollectionMore
      • something done or presented in order to evoke feelings of nostalgia.
        "an evening of TV nostalgia"
        • ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: