Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tofu

Catherine Newman happens to be the first blogger I ever followed, in the days that she was writing for Baby Center and I was awaiting the birth of my first baby. It's even the reason I started a blog of my own.

Since then, she's moved on to writing about cooking and is quite good. So good, in fact, that I can no longer say that I've never liked tofu. I've always wanted to like tofu and really had never enjoyed the stuff.

Then came Catherine's recipe for Soy Glazed Tofu. I've made it twice now, so can confidently say that it is delicious.

While you're at Dalai Mama Dishes, go ahead and also give her Soy Braised Chicken a try. I also HIGHLY recommend the Warm Smoky Potato salad. That stuff is so delicious that you may find yourself eating embarrassing amounts of it before it even makes it to the table.

I plan to try some of her other recipes. I like that they are different from the things I normally make and it takes me out of my culinary comfort zone. I have yet to be disappointed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Jenifer said...

Sold! I promise to try to make the tofu. I have used tofu in smoothies before, but have never cooked with it.

She was my first blogger too and the reason...after finding Bub & Pie that I started my blog.

The world works in strange circles to bring us all together.

Anonymous said...

The first time I tried tofu. I loved it! I kept trying to identify the flavorful chunks in my stir fry when my friend the vegetarian (yep I only have one) pointed out that they were tofu.

Unfortunately, that was the only time I liked it, after that the consistency of it was to much like curdled milk.

I vow to try again.