For us, it marks a half-way point of sorts. The kids head back to daycare and I back to work at the beginning of August. One month of summer down, one to go.
June went so fast!
- The Hubs and I celebrated eight great years of marriage.
- Our B spent mornings for three weeks in a summer Spanish class held at an elementary school in our district.
- We spent last week going to Bible School each night.
- We made it downtown to the Omaha Children's Museum.
- We also made three Monday morning trips to her own school's open library. (We've been on a non-fiction kick this summer, reading up on South Dakota, reptiles, amphibians, knights, rockets, and anything with wheels.)
- We've logged many hours on various local playgrounds.
- We have enjoyed summer services at our church on Sunday mornings.
- We've been happy to watch B play baseball this summer for the first time, spending two hours a week going to one practice and one game each.
- We also had fun going to swim lessons at the Y each Sunday afternoon.
- We celebrated the parents-in-law' 40th wedding anniversary with the Hubs' family.
It's been a whirring, blurry ride. I can't wait for July!