And now, back to the meme:
Think back on the last 15 years of your life. What would you tell someone that you hadn’t seen or talked to for 15 years? How would you sum up your life? You get 10 bullet points. A list of 10 things to summarize about you. At the end of your list, tag 5 more people and send on the love…
In 1993, I was in the second half of 10th grade. Not seeing someone since then, they would probably not recognize me. You could say a person changes a bit from age 16 to 30. (See the picture? I heart big bangs.) I've got the mom hair now and weigh 60 more lbs. I'm not longer a four sport athlete or a chatty teenage girl. What would I say to someone I haven't seen since then? In ten bullet points?
- I graduated salutatorian from high school and gave a speech at commencement.
- I went to college at UNK and graduated in 2000 with a bachelor's degree in social work and a minor in criminal justice. I was living in Lincoln and took a job for the state.
- I got married! To a guy I met in Kearney, at a bar. Yes, in a bar. We just celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary.
- I have two kids, ages 2 and 5. A boy and a girl.
- I moved to Omaha with the family to teach high school special education.
- I changed careers to teach high school education.
- I earned master's degree in 2003. To teach high school special education.
- I spend summers making breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks for aforementioned kids. I do some other stuff, but the feeding portion of our day sure takes a lot of time and energy.
- I like to scrapbook and blog. I spend a lot of time making memories for the kids, so I can think of other things we did together besides eating breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
- I'm going to an indoor water park today! And staying at the adjacent hotel. And celebrating my B's 5th birthday! It's a big deal, cuz I said so.
Tagging 5 others - okey dokey.