Monday, July 28, 2008



I don't have a plan for the whole week yet, but am planning a complete meal for tonight. It's a big step, I've been out of the cooking mood and relying way too much on carry out! Tonight I'm planning to go to the gym and then to a book study at my church. We are reading"Greater Health God's Way" by Stormie Omartian. Having such a busy night planned means getting dinner together early and eating at 5. By planning ahead, we won't rush out for pizza before I run out the door. A little bit of time put into getting a game plan, and I'm going to be all over it tonight!

Tonight we'll have boneless hot wings (I'll be making some without the hot sauce and crazy spices for the kids), fresh corn salad (a big hit from last summer), and Yummy Peaches. Simple, fresh, and delicious. Not to mention healthy!

I'm back to "trying" on the healthy diet/exercise habits. The goal being that it be a total lifestyle change and not a diet. This summer has been a junk food bonanza, a popsicle haze, and it's time to detox!

9 comments:

Beck said...

"Oh no!" said my daughter this morning, reading our posted menu plan "WE ARE HAVING SALAD FOR SUPPER!" Heh. Menu plans are fun.
Would I like that book, do you think? I've been looking for something in that area.

nikkis30by30 said...

That all sounds awesome!!! Enjoy!!!

After all the work we did this weekend, it will be leftovers for us tonight!

Aliki2006 said...

I'm going to try that corn salad--it sounds so good. And the yummy peaches? I can't wait to try them!

Melanie D. said...

All three recipes I linked here are awesome! We had all three tonight, the chicken recips and peaches for dessert were both really good. Confession: the peach dessert was really good because we had vanilla ice cream with it! :0) The chicken I made with hot wings sauce, we had that and no tabasco. It was delicious!

Maddy said...

Menu plan Monday! Good grief you know how to pile on the pressure dearie, and with an 'org' bit which sounds suspiciously like organic!

'Total lifestyle change' is certainly far too ambitious for me.

You might like to pop along to Our Vegan Mum, she's always full of good ideas. I troll......er....I mean stroll around there quite often!
Cheers

Deb said...

During the winter months I do a much better job of menu planning. For whatever reason I tend to be less organized with our summer meals. Guess I had better work on that one. This is my first time to your blog - and I enjoyed my visit. I am a 'retired' educator - and can totally relate to that back to school emotional tug of war. Good luck.

Jenifer said...

You and me honey! I am still working on the concept of cooking (without relying too much on leftovers) each night. I am getting so much better though.

I am making peach crisp tonight. My Mom brought me a basket of peaches yesterday...which was a subtle hint.

Mimi said...

Yay! I'm working on meal planning too -- we've been so harassed with the move and all my traveling and all the renovations. But I've been cooking again lately, and it's fun.

Health God's Way said...

Two years ago we decided to undergo a total lifestyle change. It was challenging but now all my family are so much more healthy. Go for it!