Monday, July 16, 2012

mid-year check



I realize that 2012 is past the halfway point. I decided this morning to check in on that resolutions post I had made back in January.



Doing well with:
*Teaching the kids to cook. We haven't done this a ton, but I have had them do a few recipes and taught them a few new things. Especially Bee. Yesterday she made her own quesadilla in the microwave while I was busy doing something else. I gave her the verbal instructions and she went to it. She even used a butter knife to cut it and give half to her brother.
*Teaching the kids about money. We've fallen off the chore chart this summer, but it has worked well and we did set them up with allowance and a system to divide their money into spend/save/give portions (a small three-drawer tote with labels did the trick). We also read Three Cups and another book from the library about money.
*Undivided attention.
*Exercise. It has come in several ways, but I've been doing a lot more physical activity this summer and plan to continue with that.

Still on the 'to do' list:
*One new vegetarian meal per week. We have had meatless meals often, but I have not tried many new recipes.  I default to the meals I have always cooked and have to remind myself to try new things that don't always start with a pack of chicken breasts or ground beef.
*Red folder routine. Long story. But to start this one, I will need to go find the red folder. Ha. It is a routine I had made up and put into a sleeve so that I can mark off the items with a dry erase marker. I compiled the routine from several helpful places and continue to think that if I could just follow that routine, my house and life would be in order...now where did I put that folder....
*Mail one card per week. I do send things to friends and family on occasion, but I want to make it a more deliberate action not only reserved for birthdays and holidays.

All in all, I'd say I'm in good shape. This week I shall take steps to get those last three resolutions underway. I do love a project!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Jenifer said...

I love your positive attitude...not beating yourself up over resolutions not done would have to be on my list. If there was such a list. :)

Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Mimi in the Midwest said...

Hey, I'm 60 and have had the same list I started with when I got married in 1974. But I've made progress in all of them. I guess I need to use my SPED skills and make the measurable and attainable. :-)