Monday, January 8, 2007

Mush Brain

I'm supposed to be doing some work at home. I'm supposed to be done with some paperwork that I was supposed to do at work today or at home tonight. Yeah.

My brain is mush. Hormones? Exhaustion? Not sure. The baby boy, who's almost 9 months old (gasp) has been acting like a new born at night, getting up every 2 or so hours. Found out yesterday that the cut in his mouth where he fell last week is infected and so are both of his ears. Oh. That may explain why he's not sleeping well. And maybe why I can't seem to do any work - except that which is absolutely required of me. Teaching. I've been doing a good job of that. It's all the other stuff. The extra "stuff". Paperwork, calendars, dates, meetings. Yeah...mushy brain.

Luckily - there's this part of me that knows the fog will lift. Hopefully before my meeting later this week, where I'm supposed to have this paperwork done. It will get done, it always does. I just wish it didn't always have to be this way. I'm so predictable. I get this way every time I have a deadline, I always have. It's like my own nerdy rebellion. I always actually get it done, but just have to drag my feet ever so slightly before finding the motivation to get it done.

I can't bear the thought of doing this work. Not tonight. So I think I'll go watch my taped episode of Home Makeover. We gave up DVR and now it's back to VCR. Beats paperwork, that's all I gotta say. That's all I'm gonna say. Good night.

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

Nice beginning to your blog. As you know from mine I am not exactly the poster child for diligent blog updates.

But, it is a new year and I am trying. Mush brain is fun isn't it. I think I have had it for six years now.

Good luck and have fun blogging.

Jenifer