Thursday, June 19, 2008

I've got a formatting question. (Alpha Dogma, I'm counting on your wisdom here...)

If you save a draft, to be published later, how do you publish it with the current date when you finally do publish it?

I've got a post that I quite enjoyed. I had published it accidentally, then went back and saved it as a draft. Then in two days, when I finally published it, it was four posts down the page. (By the way, it's a fun little post about home organization, my latest obsession).

So how do you change the date? Thoughts?

5 comments:

Girlplustwo said...

hey sister, click on post options at the bottom of the post you are writing then change the date and save it. or hit publish and if that date is in the future, it should schedule it for auto posting.

does that help?

Melanie D. said...

Problem solved! :-) Thanks, Jen!
I never even noticed the post options tab, it seems like I looked everywhere but there!

Mimi said...

oh, was going to tell you ... but I got beat to it!

Anonymous said...

Oooh. The new digs are pretty.

Glad someone was on the ball to help you out. The same post option button also lets you change the time stamp on your post. This is how I hide the shame of writing posts in the middle of the night.

Melanie D. said...

Good thing it doesn't put location? Then you'd have to hide those posts you're writing from your toilet!!!