Ten things that I like about myself.
The tough thing is to just write the nice things. Not balance with a flaw within every attribute. Not self-deprecate in any way? Challenge!
The other angle that makes this post tricky is that things I like about myself may be things that really only I even care about. So what fun is it to write said things down, when really - it's all subjective, yes?
Okay, I'm stalling...
- I like that I am forgiving. People who have angered me in the past are not forever on my hit list. I don't even have a hit list. I don't seek revenge, I don't hold grudges, I don't confront.
- I stay calm in stressful situations more often than not. I don't over-react and tend to find it easier to stay calm.
- When something I care about is being jeopardized, or someone I care about is being hurt, I can rise to the occasion and speak my mind. I stand up for what I believe in (calmly) and tend to have people's best interest at heart.
- I have a good eye for space and color. I can see how I want to arrange a room before I start. I am good at picking out paint colors. I have good visual-spatial reasoning.
- I am a good listener.
- I am accepting of difference. People always say to me, "Oh, I don't know how you do it.", or, "You are a saint." because I teach special education. I feel that the students I teach are the very best students in the whole school and that people with special needs or exceptionalities have taught me just as much as I have ever taught them.
- I am a good advocate for people with disabilities.
- I am optimistic.
- I'm quick to smile.
- I will do my best to help someone if it's at all possible.
Ack. That was more uncomfortable than I thought it would be! So I'll add 5 things I don't like about myself, just for good measure.
- I'm a terrible housekeeper.
- I lose my patience with my kids over silly things when I'm too tired. And sometimes even when I'm fully rested.
- I am a chronic procrastinator.
- I can't seem to stick to any diet/exercise plan that I've started and have 40 lbs of baby weight left to prove it.
- I don't have a lot of energy on any given day. I prefer quieter activities (reading, watching movies, blogging) to the things I need to do to improve my housekeeping, diet, and exercise short-comings!