Monday, May 7, 2007

30 by 30

Can I do it? It's my "new" goal (I've been on a up-and-down weight roller coaster since the day I turned 18). I'm going to lose 30 lbs by my 30th b-day. That's in October. I have 21 weeks. That means staying on task for 21 weeks. My top so far for staying on task for ANYTHING is about 2 1/2 weeks. But it's happening now. 30 by 30.

That means when I'm turning 30 I will fit comfortably into my size 12's (instead of the 16's I am comfortably in right now). I'll have a whole new wardrobe that's just waiting for me in my basement. And I'll be able to buy some fun new clothes too.

I can do it! This is it. I weigh in tomorrow morning and it is on! Be watching - I may just get brave and post a "before" photo (fully clothed with proper lighting and angles of course). Think lifestyle change over crash diet. Think overcoming bad habits over starving myself. Think good health over wishing for a size zero. Think trying to burn off the baby weight.

30 by 30 is my new second blog. As opposed to the other diet/exercise journals that I always start and never continue past that 2 1/2 week mark. For those with an interest in a maniacal ride with one young mom who needs to shed some lbs. And struggles to do so. It's going to be
here. All are welcome to play along.

Wish me luck! Any helpful tips/advice are WELCOME in comments here.

3 comments:

Jenifer said...

Left a long comment on the other site...good for you and I hope this is the one...

Michelle said...

You can do it! I'll be cheering you on :)

Swistle said...

What I like to do is take a "Before" picture but then not even look at it until I'm more After-y. Looking at a Before picture makes me feel like things are hopeless--but if I look at it later and see how far I've come already, it can be very encouraging. But some people find a Before picture extremely motivating, so maybe take one, look at it with squinty eyes, and see which way it makes you feel.

I like the popcorn popper sold at Wa1mart, a $12.99 microwave air popper that makes great popcorn with about 1-2 teaspoons of oil (or you can make it without, but then I think it tastes like scorched air).

I also like sugar-free fat-free pudding, which makes me feel happy without too much damage.