Sunday, May 27, 2007

Grains of Gratitude


I'm grateful this week for support. I've struggled all week with a nasty cold (or allergies?) and had help from several good friends. My co-teacher, Timaree, who helped me out with the students while I finished up end of the year grades, paperwork, etc. To my cousin, who has become my partner in weight loss. She helped me remember my priorities when I really wanted to drown my sorrows in a pint of ice cream. And my classroom para, Natalie, who helped me with grading, kids, schedules...you name it. She has been so helpful this year and really doesn't get the praise (or pay) she deserves for all of her hard work. It's nice to have help when you aren't 100%.

Only 1 1/2 days of school!!! That is doable. That is so doable. I think I might actually survive my first year of teaching. I'm so grateful to have made it in one piece. The kids I've taught this year have been such troopers, with everything we've been through. I'm grateful for such great students!

Good luck to all - as everyone winds up for summer! It's going to be a GREAT week!

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

I am seriously considering getting my teaching degree...it is what I originally went to university for. I have my degree so all I need to do is my one year teachers degree. It seems like such a big life change now though, I am glad you have survived your first year. It makes me think I could do it too.