Sunday, September 16, 2007

Grains of Gratitude

This week I am so grateful for:

  • The gorgeous fall (even though it is technically still summer) day. We took a nice walk with the dog as a family. Brenna walked instead of riding in the stroller and enjoyed getting some exercise.
  • We went to church as a family this morning, which we hadn't done in a while. Although it is hard to keep Mason corralled for an hour, it's still a nice thing to do together.
  • I haven't really worked much this weekend, a first in a while. I had three IEPs this last week and I'm really grateful to have those finished. I like helping my students set goals, but oh my! The paperwork.
  • We are planning a trip back to my parents' next weekend. We haven't been back in a few months and I am excited to go spend some time with my family and see my brother's new home (which he and his wife built themselves!).

That's the short list. I'm feeling more relaxed after feeling very pouty yesterday. I don't really like missing out on fun plans, but knew it was for the best. I'm grateful that the gloomy mood has lifted.

That's it. Have a great week!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad to hear the gloomy mood has passed! I wish it was starting to turn fall-like here...it's still in the 90s and it'll still be darn hot in Oct too! I'm tired of the heat!

Jacqniel said...

The weather WAS wonderful - even if it was just for the day. I hope you have a great week and the gloomy mood stays away.

Jenifer said...

I'm still thinking about your last post and the stroller stuff! I have a Graco double that is not side-by-side and learning to navigate was not fun. While it is the same width the length is much longer and turning is not easy.

Glad your Sunday was better!

Beck said...

That stroller post was funny and exhausting - I've been there! Being gloomy is no fun, and I'm glad you're feeling better.

Mimi said...

How nice that you're able to find a bit of room for gratitude. Hooray!

Aliki2006 said...

I just read your post about your mall excursion--ack! I've had outings like that--times when I've sworn I will never go out with both kids again.

Glad your day is going better!

OhTheJoys said...

Gratitude is a good, good thing.