Sunday, August 26, 2007

Grains of Gratitude


I couldn't let a Sunday go by without posting my grains of gratitude, even if I am on a self-imposed blog-break.

Today was awesome. I met up with Jacque, Nikki, and Stacy for brunch at Mimi's. The quiche was delicious, but the conversation was even better! I love meeting up with my cousins and I love meeting up with my good friend Jacque. Having them all together was just great! We all have started blogging in the last year and it was fun to have the three of them meet.

This afternoon we went out to a water splash park (a city park with sprinkler/water features) for my nephew's birthday. It was so fun to watch my kid's laugh and play. I am so very aware of what great kids I have, even if I don't always feel that way. They are so energetic and full of life. They are independent spirits who look at a day at the park as an adventure and enjoy every minute of it. It's fun to have two fun kids!

I am grateful for what a good weekend we have. Mason is finally feeling better after a long virus/fever thing that had us juggling days off of work last week. I'm glad he's well again.

That's it for now.

I will be back to blogging regularly again next week...see you then!

8 comments:

nikkis30by30 said...

It's amazing how great I feel after today. I can't tell you how wonderful it was to see your babies today, not to mention hanging out with the "big girls"!!! We WILL do this again!!

Please tell Miss B hello for me and give her big squeezes!!! She really made my day the way she came down with that smile when she realized who was sitting on the couch. Oh how I love that little girl!! :D

Oh yeah.... and seeing Mr J was alright, too!! ;)

Melanie D. said...

You and Jay always remind me of relationship on Seinfeld. "Hello Jerry." "Hello Neuman."

There is that cool exterior, but I know there's love beneath it! :0)

Melanie D. said...

Oh - and Stacey. I know it's Stacey. But I think I put Stacey. And now I'm double-guessing that I know it's Stacey.

Oh - you know who you are!

Jacqniel said...

It was great seeing you and meeting your cousins. Now I can have a true mental picture of who I am writing back and forth with - and I agree with Nikki - we will have to do that again.

Beck said...

I'm glad Mason is feeling better and that you had a great weekend - that's so healing, isn't it?

Aliki2006 said...

Yay, you'll be back!

I'm glad your boy is all better...

Michelle said...

sounds like you had a fun brunch out with the girls! I wish we had a water splash park around here, I've seen a lot of bloggers mention those and post pictures. I know Kayla would love going to something like that!

thirtysomething said...

oh, a water splash park. We went to one of those in a nearby city and loved it. I wish we had one here...glad you had a great time!