Thursday, August 16, 2007

Time To Go Home


She's the great negotiator.

"I didn't know you would come so soon!" B tells me when I came to pick her up at a friend's house tonight. She and her brother spent the evening with my friend and her family while Hubs and I were at our high schools' open houses.

She gave it her best shot:

"Let's stay a little bit longer."
"Let's stay a couple more minutes."
"I just want to stay for NINE more minutes."
"Seven?"
"FINE!!!!" She screams through the tears.

In a final argument, once buckled in my car, "I'M NOT TIRED!!!!" Screamed at the very top of her lungs.

Her determination was there. She gave great effort.

She still lost.

She's now tucked in bed for some happy rest.

There's nothing like a tired four-year old.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

aaww she does look sooooo upset! Guess she was having a fun time!

Melanie D. said...

Yes - this picture was taken when my kids were in fine form at the zoo. Thought it captured last nights mood as well though.

Beck said...

That picture - haahahahahah!
I mean poor tired little kids.
ahahahahaha.

Jenifer said...

I always say tired is the worst in terms of meltdowns or any other undesirable behaviour!

I'm like you though...too bad little one we are leaving.

Jacqniel said...

Ahhhhh - I remember.....

thirtysomething said...

Oh they just can't appreciate the luxury of rest, can they? Mine either.